Doha Insurance Holds AGM and EGM on 3rd March 2015
March 03, 2015
Doha Insurance company announces the results of the Ordinary General Assembly Meetings held on 3/3/2015 , and has approved the following:-
First: Results of the Ordinary General Assembly Meeting
The Shareholders have heard and approved the following agenda: -
1. The Chairman’s statement and the report of the Board of Directors on the activities of the company and its financial position for the year ended 31st December 2014 and the future business plans.
2. Approved the Shariah supervisory Board report on the Company’s Islamic Branch “Doha Takaful” for the financial year ended 31st December 2014.
3. Approved the Auditors report on the Company Financial Statement for the year ended 31st December 2014.
4. Approved the Company’s Financial Statement for the year ended 31st December 2014.
5. Approved the proposal of the Board of Directors to distribute to the Shareholders a cash dividends of 10% from the share par value i.e QR. One Riyals for each share.
6. Released from liability the members of the Board of Directors and fixing their remunerations for the financial year ended 31st December 2014.
7. Approved the company’s governance report for 2014.
8. Appointed an external auditor for the financial year 2015 and fixing their fees.
9. Elected new board of director for a period of three years (2015-2017) as per the list attached.
Second: Results of the Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting
The shareholders approved amending paragraph (1) article (66) of the article of association of the company to be as follows:-
At least (10%) of the annual net profit shall be allocated to the Legal reserve till the reserve reaches (100%) of the paid-up capital. The legal reserve is not available for distribution. However, it is allowed, after obtaining Qatar Central Bank approval, to distribute up to (5%) as dividends from the balance of the reserve that are more than (100%) of the paid-up capital, in the years that the company didn’t achieve sufficient profit to distribute this ratio.